Effective Decembre 10, 2014
- We will not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission;
- We will allow you to view, correct or modify your Personal Information; and
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties.
“Guest” means an individual who searches and Books Products or Services on our Site without being a Member.
“Member” means an individual who has registered on the www.cocotulum.com site.
“Member ID” means the e-mail address Members use (with their password) to log into our Site.
“Site” means the www.cocotulum.com site.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you Products or Services.
Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to use our Site, register for an account or Book Products or Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any Minor, and will not use this information if we discover that it has been provided by a Minor.
Other Travelers or Contacts
3. What Personal Information we collect
We collect only such information as necessary to provide Products and Services to you.
When you are just visiting
When you visit our Site as a Guest or Member, we collect Session Data.
When you Book Products or Services
When you Book Products or Services you must provide payment and billing information and other information required by the travel service provider(s). Such information may include, for example, date of birth, gender, driver information or similar information.
When you participate in contests, promotions, raffles or sweepstakes
We may offer you the chance to win a variety of travel-related prizes by sponsoring contests, promotions, raffles or sweepstakes. If you choose to participate, we will collect Personal Information such as your name or e-mail or mailing address.
When we advertise on third party sites
When you visit a site on which we advertise and click through our advertisement, we may place cookies on your computer or use pixel tags. The information that we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable.
When you call or write to our Customer Service
When you call or write to our Customer Service, we collect contact information, including, for example, name, phone number, e-mail or mailing address, and information about the relevant booking as necessary to assist you. For example, if you call for assistance with a pre-existing booking or to Book Products or Services, we may request your name, contact information and payment and billing information.
When we send e-mails or e-newsletters
When we send e-mails or e-newsletters, we may insert a pixel tag in the e-mail.
Supplementation of Personal Information
In order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submitted to us with information from third party sources:
- Address Verification: If you Book Products or Services, we use third parties in order to verify your address information during the credit card authorization process.
- Enhancement of Profile Information: We obtain marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database, to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers for which we think you would be interested. To enrich our profiles of individual customers, we tie this information to the Personal Information you submitted to us. If you choose to link any of your social media accounts to your account, you will be given the option to log into your account using the credentials from any such social media accounts. When you choose to use this log-in feature, we obtain information from all of the social media accounts that you have chosen to link to your account. Such information may include, for example, your name, date of birth, gender, location, profile photo, interests, activities, likes, check-ins, languages, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, professional information, contacts or similar information. You may unlink any of your social media accounts from your account by modifying your account settings. When you do so, we will stop obtaining new information from such social media accounts.
4. How we use the information we collect
We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance the Products or Services offered:
- To record your travel preferences, make reservations or acquire travel insurance on your behalf or communicate with you about your travel plans;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Site, inform you of new features on our Site or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Site or other sites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
- To send you commercial communications, if you have not opted-out of receiving these communications;
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible;
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates’ and business partners’ products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
- To investigate, detect and protect Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To effect a corporate transaction in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Contests, Promotions, Raffles and Sweepstakes
If you participate in a contest, promotion, raffle or sweepstakes, we will only use your Personal Information to notify you if you win. We may send you additional commercial communications only if you have specifically requested when filling out the contest or promotion form. We will share the information you provide us with the entities with which we may have teamed to propose a joint promotion.
We use Session Data to better understand how our Site is navigated to and used, so we can improve our Site’s content and ease of use, personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences on our Site and provide information that may be of interest to you.
We use pixel tags to monitor the open rate of our communications. This helps us understand the effectiveness of communications we send. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Survey and Focus Groups
When you participate in surveys or focus groups, your participation and responses will be kept confidential and will not be shared with third parties without your permission, except with our service providers.
What we do NOT do
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, Member ID, password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Trade Commission.
5. To whom we disclose Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To those travel service providers with which you make arrangements through our Site, for example airlines, car rental, hotel, ground transportation, theater, attraction or travel insurance. We provide them with the Personal Information needed to make and complete the booking or reservation;
- To protect our Site and our rights under our Terms and Conditions; to protect ourselves against liability or detect or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain;
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- Where the information is public; or
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
Disclosure without Consent
Please note that there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted, or where Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV may be obligated to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or to comply with the rules of a court relating to the production of records. If we receive a formal request to disclose your Personal Information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the e-mail address you provided during registration, before we respond to that request;
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it;
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an identifiable person or group; or
- Where it is necessary to collect monies owing to us.
In order to protect national security and to ensure travel security, the United States Government and other governments may request access to passenger name records, which typically includes name, flight origin, flight destination, flight time, duration of flight, seat location, travel agent, form of payment, credit card numbers, travel itinerary, address, telephone number and meal requests. In response to such request, Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV and/or its providers will give access to all the information you provide at the time of making the booking to the applicable government agencies of the countries to or from which you are traveling.
6. How we retain and store Personal information
My Trips and My Account
If you are a Member, we store your Personal Information like information about your current, canceled or past trips. Your information contains your name, e-mail address, e-mail and password settings. It may also contain other information so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you Book a Product or Service. We also keep all other information that you have elected to provide us, such as gender, activities and lifestyle preferences and favorite destinations.
We will retain your Personal Information in our databases in accordance with our Records Management Policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain information to allow you to obtain credit for a trip you Booked but had to cancel. We may also need to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
Your Personal Information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
7. How we protect Personal Information
If you choose to contact Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV through our Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web. However, if you provide your credit card information on our Site’s credit card forms we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Cookies and pixel tags
A cookie is a small text file that our computer sends to your computer, and that your computer sends back to us each time you make a request from our Site. A cookie contains a unique identification number that identifies the visitor's browser, but not necessarily the visitor. A pixel tag is a small graphic image similar to a cookie.
When you access our Site, we may place cookies, pixel tags or other code on your computer to collect Session Data. These technologies are used to help us recognize you when you visit our Site again or to help us customize your online experience. Unless you specifically inform us of your identity (e.g., by registering with us or signing into your account using your social media account credentials), we will not know who you are.
Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our Site, or through telephone or e-mail communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV deems inappropriate or in violation of our Terms and Conditions. During monitoring the information may be examined, recorded or copied.
If we decide to change this policy in a material way, we will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if we seek to collect, use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those to which consent has been obtained, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. If we make any material changes we will notify you by e-mail (at the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you may request that we close your account.
Mail: Arena en los Pies SA de CV / Blue Progression LLC and Evolución Azul SA de CV, 9005 W. Sahara Ave. Las Vegas NV 89117
Telephone: 702.425.4764 (within the United States) or (+52)1.984.157.4830 (in Mexico)